vrijdag 31 oktober 2008

infloting tyres at Tekerkiba fixed camp,Bkai, Mohamed and Bubakr are leaving us with the kitchen car, along the road on 30-10-2008

In the area of Sirt taken pictures is forbidden because of Millitary base. This morning we woke up at 8.00 and had breakfast, then I sat on my balcony and used my sat modem as I did yesterday evening to make phone calls with Toine and Victor and to send messages and pictures to our blogspot. Toine and Victor noticed this morning after 217 km driving that our car was leaking out off the cardan; they lost a ........."dop" (in Dutch); no spelling control and no translation program in English on this small notebook to save space. In a small village just after Misratah they found friendly people to help them finding a new "dop"and to fill up with cardan oil. At 10.00 A.M. they continued to Sirte (an other 250 km to go) to pick me up. I sugested to leave me in our hotel in Sirte to wait for Toine and Victor and begged Khaled, Ibrahim and Mahmood to leave with the others to Bengazi as they did at 11.00 A.M. Our guide and cooker wanted me to come with the others, but I could convince them that I would feel absolutely happy to stay on my own, also in Libya, to wait for Toine and Victor. I can take over driving and we will find our way to the hotel in Benghazi because we choose this hotel during desktop roadsurvey at home so all details and waypoints are in our roadbook and in our GPS.

Geen opmerkingen: